RUBICON Water Treatment is a white free flowing granular solid, soluble in water containing no Chlorine or any halogen, based product.
All claims have been scientifically substantiated by various internationally accredited institutions as well as approved by the Department of Health in South Africa to be safe for human consumption.
UN, UNICEF, UNIDO, UNRWA etc. and registered under various UNSPSC categories.
Proprietary blend of:
- Various inorganic persulphate salts; natural anti-microbial substance composed of a combination of food approved natural amino acids salts, monosodium L-glutamate complexes and a human friendly algaecide, coagulant, flocculant mixture with unique characteristics for disinfection of highly contaminated water.
- All ingredients used are permissible for use in drinking water disinfection.
- Active substances are non-toxic, non-corrosive and non-flammable.
- Acting as a potent sanitizer against a range of gram+ and gram– bacteria.
- Destroy spores, bacteria, viruses, fungi, most common pathogen organisms (E-coli, Vibrio cholera, Legionella, Salmonella, Streptococci, etc.) and phenols.
- Destroys bacteria through membrane changes or damage due to penetration of cell walls.
- 100% kill rate on highly contaminated cholera water with a small dosage rate.
- Does not generate pressure through decomposition, heat or other means.
- Conditioning of drinking water
- Combating diarrheal diseases such as cholera, typhoid, dysentery
- Used for remote & rural water disinfectant on micro level
- Can also be used in urban areas with inadequate clean water supply
- Complementary to total disinfection process when existing UV, ozone or other disinfectant systems are used
- Excellent residual value as a disinfectant
- Fast dissolving & easy to dose
- Destroy spores, bacteria, viruses, fungi, most common pathogen organisms & phenols
- Odorless, tasteless & taintless
- Non-toxic & safe; does not create Trihalomethanes (THM's) or HAA’s disinfection by-products (DBPs)
- Environmental friendly
- Un-effected by UV degration
- Decompose to water and oxygen
One sachet of 3.5g will disinfect and clean up to 25lt of water.
The 5-step process includes:
- Tear sachet open.
- Add contents of sachet to between 20lt and 25lt of water.
- Stir water well for a few seconds - total disinfection within a few minutes.
- Leave water for at least 45 minutes for flocculation to take place. In the event of high turbidity water a few hours flocculation period will ensure crystal clear water.
- Filter any solids or remains if necessary.