Research & Development
“ I will frankly tell you that my experience in prolonged scientific investigations convinces me that a belief in God - a God who is behind and within the chaos of vanishing points of human knowledge - adds a wonderful stimulus to the man who attempts to penetrate into the regions of the unknown. ” - Louis Agassiz
Health & Parasitology Background
PRIDECO Health and its research section, have successfully developed various combinations of polyphenolic products for a wide range of uses.
The main areas of activity are antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiprotozoal, for sanitization and the clearance of animal and human pathogens without significant toxicity to date.
Specific products have been marketed to address specific problems, particularly in food production and sterilization. More recently, the use of PRIDECO Health products in the health service and in medical/clinical areas has developed very successfully, with a wide new range of clinical applications.
Since PRIDECO Health products are green, organic, biodegradable, and non- toxic, they can be used in areas where growth promoters, antibiotics and other drugs are unacceptable.
Furthermore, PRIDECO Health medical products enhance the innate immunity of the animal, or plant, treated and immunopotentiate. This means that, even after the treatment has finished, the strength of the animal or plant treated remains greater than it was before the treatment leaving a secondary ability to fight new infections.
PRIDECO Health products are also cytoprotective i.e. they protect the bone cells of an animal against osteoporosis and also have anti-cancer effects, which make them effective, cost-effective, non-toxic products for use in food and medical conditions.
We know from our very successful research programme, that PRIDECO Health products have anti parasitic activity against a range of human parasitic diseases and also effective against certain parasitic diseases in animals.
We have discovered that our compound is effective against three major tropical diseases i.e.:
- Our compound kills the larvae of the Anopheles mosquito even when diluted around 1:100
- Parasite levels were reduced by 50% even using a 1:6,000 dilution.
- Several strains of parasite were killed, including the most virulent form in humans, P. Falciparum, which is often fatal.
- Our compound kills malarial strains resistant to chloroquine.
Method of Anti-Malarial Action
Our compound is believed to disrupt the maturation of the malarial parasite inside the human red blood cell and to inhibit further invasion of red cells. In vitro our compound completely halts the lifecycle of the parasite and, thus, the cycle of re-infection.
Withdrawal of treatment with our compound against P. Falciparum in culture does not result in the return of parasitaemia, suggesting an irreversibly lethal effect of the compound on the parasite and NOT just an effect by immunopotentiation.
- Our compound killed malarial parasites in infected mice.
- The parasite burden was reduced in mice to a degree which exceeded the effect of chloroquine.
- In mice, the infection did not recur up to 30 days after ending treatment, showing that the parasites were killed and not just suppressed.
- The effects of our compound were curative even if withdrawn before the onset of peak parasitaemia.
- Against a very virulent strain of malaria, which kills mice in less than 10 days all mice survived using our compound.
- NO SIGNIFICANT TOXICITY WAS DETECTED IN THE MICE TREATED WITH OUR COMPOUND.
- Our compound killed four trypanosome strains including: - The major strain in cattle, T. brucei, with major, potential, economic benefits. A strain of T. brucei resistant to current drugs, which tend to be ineffective and certainly toxic.
- Our compound greatly reduced parasite levels in mice and several mice were completely cleared of infection.
- Killed Leishmanial parasites, Was equally effective at different stages of the parasitic life cycle i.e. promastigotes and amastigotes.
- Our compound has been used in disinfection of water supplies and containers, with very successful reduction in the incidence of gastro-intestial disease.
- The compound has successfully been used to sterilize water in school water tankers.
Our compound kills parasites in three, major, tropical diseases – malaria, trypanosomiasis and leishmaniasis – effectively and without toxicity.
It is unknown for any compound to have this level of efficacy against three, separate, severe diseases without toxicity.
IF THE POTENTIAL OF THIS WORK TO DATE IS FULFILLED, THE BENEFITS, BOTH MEDICAL AND ECONOMIC, WILL BE ENORMOUS.